x

Do Online Store Item prices sync with Retail Plus items for in-person sales?

If I change an item price in online store, does it automatically change the price for that item for in-person sales in Retail Plus?

From other threads, I'm seeing that sale prices for in-person sales don't carry over to online, but what about the other way around, just for regular pricing? 

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @hoodriver

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

At the moment, the prices do not sync between our retail system and online store.

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @hoodriver

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

At the moment, the prices do not sync between our retail system and online store.

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 10

Without the ability to syc pricing between my retail (which is pretty much dead due to Covid) and my online site, this platform is useless.  The fact that I have to edit each items price, of which there are hundreds, is a total waste of time. You would have thought that modifying  this platforms ability to syn product since the beginning of March would have been plenty of time. I might as well delete my account!

Message 3 of 10

I agree with this. Syncing and bulk editing pricing is a no-brainer feature. I'm confused on why this is manual?

Message 4 of 10

I was under the impression it synced.  But sorry to see that it does not!  This is something that would be an amazing update to the Square system.

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @thestorehouse 👋

This thread is a little old and pricing does sync from one platform to another. The only thing that wouldn't sync would be if you place an item on Sale Online this customization will only reflect online. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 10

Then they don't sync. If prices only sync under some specific circumstances but not in others then the pricing sync needs to continue to be worked on until it does. 

Why would I want to put items on sale in store only and not also online? Ideally I'd have the option to do whatever configuration of sale pricing that I want, but for now the only work around is to do it manually. 

I honestly don't know why I continue to put up with Square Online. It is not a professional level ecommerce solution by any stretch of the imagination. 

Message 7 of 10

Hi @clarajanenash - Violet here, stepping in for @JJ_ 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

I suggest looking over this article on Square Sync to review what will and will not sync. If there are any specific pieces of the item information that don't currently sync that would be considered a feature request. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 8 of 10

Hi @_Violet,

While knowing what syncs and what doesn't is helpful, it's not nearly as helpful as it would be if Square Online were a more robust, professional e-commerce solution. 

I have a sale going on in our store right now. Setting the sale up in the POS was pretty simple and straight forward. Setting the sale up online meant I had to go into each product I wanted to put on sale individually (don't get me started on the lack of sorting options in the Site Items page). I discovered that I could schedule the sales price, but I had to schedule the beginning of the sale separate from the ending of the sale. 

I now have 13 products that are on sale (all from the same vendor, would've been a lot easier if I could have sorted products by vendor). I spent 25 minutes setting up the sale not including the time I wasted searching through old, half answered threads in the Seller Community (leaving us on our own to support each other rather than offering actual support is pretty lame) looking for the correct way to do it before finding out there wasn't a way to put items on sale in bulk. 

Square Online would be great if it wasn't for all the features that are missing and the clunkiness we encounter just about anytime we try to implement functionality into our site (why can't I have a FAQ section that collapses/expands the answers? Why can't I add alt tags to my product images? Why can't I add content to category pages? and on and on) that other basic website design platforms offer right out of the box. 

This thread is nearly 3 years old and we still don't have the capability to manage our products in one space. Product syncing is what I thought we would have when we made the switch from Woocommerce to Square. It's exhausting to be continually disappointed and have my time wasted by your product. 

I'm off to click the link to the post you suggested to learn how to submit a feature request......... *eyeroll*

Message 9 of 10

Hi @clarajanenash - After reading your response in this thread, I'm reaching out to make sure you've seen our Community Etiquette Guidelines. We ask that members be respectful and collaborative, and approach interactions here from a place of curiosity.

We know that sometimes tone can be misconstrued in online interactions and we want to make sure that the community is a collaborative environment - where anyone can ask or answer a question and expect a respectful response. In future interactions, please keep these guidelines in mind. 

Thank you for your attention and understanding.

Violet
Message 10 of 10