x

How do team members clock in using POS for Retail?

I can't find any information in the support resources on how team members clock in.  I do NOT want anyone to clock in on their personal devices.  All support articles indicate settings that do not appear in my menus.  Can anyone point me to current tutorials?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your advice! For my Square Stand, I needed to go to Devices > Edit > Shifts and toggle on Track Time.  Once I did that I realized the Clock In/Out option appeared in the Log In screen.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@DandA_BV This is probably team permissions, but to clock in clock outs on a device I use device codes.  There is an option to allow time tracking on the device.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6455-setting-up-your-employees-with-square-for-retail 

I think you definitely have to use device codes and each member have their own pin:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6349-create-a-device-code-for-square-for-retail 

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 6

Thanks Donnie.  I have the employees set up as indicated but I am not seeing on the screen a place for them to clock in.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@DandA_BV Under settings there is a toggle button to allow Time keeping on the register, once that is on you should see a little stop watch thing in the corner you can tap to clock in and out on the screen that asks for the pin.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@DandA_BV ;

Not sure which Device your using for a POS to accept payments, but on a Square Stand on an Ipad, at the bottom Left Corner it says "Logout TS" for example where TS is the employees initials.  If you press that a PIN pad appears for the employee to enter their 4 digit pin.  Also on the screen to enter a pin in the Top Right there is a Sign In/ Sign out button which opens another Pin Pad to clock in using the same 4 digit pin.  On other devices such as an Android or Register or Terminal the Screens maybe different because of the software coding for each device.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 6

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your advice! For my Square Stand, I needed to go to Devices > Edit > Shifts and toggle on Track Time.  Once I did that I realized the Clock In/Out option appeared in the Log In screen.

Message 6 of 6