x

If I delete an item does it delete it permently or archive the item?

If I am trying to clean up and clear out my inventory...does deleting an item remove it completely and permanently or archive it?

Message 1 of 47
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: If I delete an item does it delete it permently or archive the item?

Hi all 👋,

I'd like to extend my gratitude to everyone who contributed their vote for the option to archive items in our Item Library. For those who may have missed the update, I'm pleased to announce that Square now offers the capability to archive items directly from both the online Square Dashboard. Thank you for your input and support in making this enhancement possible!

Archived items will still appear in your inventory reports. When you archive items, you will not be able to manage actions such as tracking, adjusting stock, editing variations, or managing stock until you unarchive the item.

You can learn more about this process by visiting our online guide here.

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @PrairiePrincess 👋 Thanks for chiming in with this question. It is a good one!

If you delete an item, it will permanently delete it from your Item Library. We currently don't offer the ability to 'archive' an item, but deleted items will still reflect within your reports for record keeping purposes

I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Hey @KimBooks - 

I would recommend heading over to the Ideate Board to see all of the Feature Requests other sellers have been submitting. There you can add your vote, comment, or provide a workaround - if you have found one. 

Thank you for utilizing your voice in the Community! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 43 of 47
Beta Member

Thank You!

Message 44 of 47
Beta Member

The feature / option to Archive items no longer in use (rather than deleting) is now available - YAY!

Message 45 of 47

Hi all 👋,

I'd like to extend my gratitude to everyone who contributed their vote for the option to archive items in our Item Library. For those who may have missed the update, I'm pleased to announce that Square now offers the capability to archive items directly from both the online Square Dashboard. Thank you for your input and support in making this enhancement possible!

Archived items will still appear in your inventory reports. When you archive items, you will not be able to manage actions such as tracking, adjusting stock, editing variations, or managing stock until you unarchive the item.

You can learn more about this process by visiting our online guide here.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 46 of 47

Thank you @Laurie_  for the update. When you say for those who may have missed the update, where would we have seen this if we weren't already a part of this thread? Did an email go out or is there an update page where we can track these things?

Message 47 of 47