x

Inventory Management - Does anyone have any suggestions or best practices?

For retail locations, how do you manage your inventory day to day? How do you update stock when a delivery arrives? How do you verify stock? For reference i do not have  a computer in my shop, just the iPad. Looking for suggestions on how best to manage the workflow. Working on the iPad seems slow and cumbersome, waiting till I get home to use my computer seems to introduce human errors.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

I would like to be able to do this too. We tried Shopventory recently and our taxes got turned off somehow. We made several attems to get them back on and spoke with Shopventory people at lenght a number of times and the problem was never fixed. This was all during the trial period. The experience was so bad, I'm hesitant to use them as a paid service.

It was a HUGE PITA to have to remeber to add tax to each item. The problem persisted even after we stopped using Shopventory and reseting Square and restarting the ipad never fixed the problem. We got the new system a few days ago and it's magically fixed now. Still need an inventory management system. We're considering Lightspeed.

Message 22 of 25

ON SQUARES RETAIL HOW DO YOU GET SALES TAX ON ALL THE ITEMS?  WE WENT TO THE SCREEN TO DO THAT BUT IT ISNT ON ALL THE ITEMS

Message 23 of 25

You have to export the inventory, update it, and import it to update all the sales tax items

Message 24 of 25

any update? this appears to still be an issue after 2 years. 

Message 25 of 25