x

Is it possible to seach for ecommerce transactions from the POS app?

We have both a physical and an online store. We have yet to fully integrate Square, but are wondering if there is a way for our customers to make a purchase online and then come into our physical store to process the return. We'd like to be able to look up the ecommerce transaction from within the POS app, but I don't see many filter options within the POS app itself (I see more within the browser-based dashboard). It looks like I can only filter by location and that's it. The documentation I've seen (https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5145-transaction-search ) implies that there should be more. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

If the online store is assigned to your location, the orders should show in the POS app.

Hope this could help, if it did, please mark it as best answer to help other sellers in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

The orders show in the orders tab as 'active' 'upcoming' and 'completed' active will show an incomplete order that has come in online, you also receive a copy of the customer's email confirmation which has an order number attached which you can reference in the order search, you can always easily see which orders still need completing.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

If the online store is assigned to your location, the orders should show in the POS app.

Hope this could help, if it did, please mark it as best answer to help other sellers in the future!

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 4

Ah, that makes sense. I haven't gone down the path of setting up the online store yet. This is a possible future project we'll undertake to move our online store from Stripe processing to Square to better integrate with the POS.

In that unified view of physical and online orders, is it easy to distinguish between the two? Like do they have a label or any other visual clue? We have way more online orders than physical ones and I wouldn't want to create confusion for the team in the store.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

The orders show in the orders tab as 'active' 'upcoming' and 'completed' active will show an incomplete order that has come in online, you also receive a copy of the customer's email confirmation which has an order number attached which you can reference in the order search, you can always easily see which orders still need completing.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 4