x

Why does the Gift Card Balance sometimes come up after the sale?

We can't figure out why sometimes the gift card balance shows up on the tip screen after the sale and sometimes the balance isn't there?  We've read this article about if there isn't enough balance to cover a tip, the tip screen doesn't come up after you run a gift card but this is a different question.  The tip screen always comes up, but sometimes the balance displays with it and sometimes it doesn't?  There must be a technical reason why?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @2A311117

Welcome back to the Community. 

I have a couple of follow-up questions to get a better idea of what you're seeing. 

Is this issue happening with physical or eGift Cards? Are they similar items? 

Is this across different devices or the same device? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thank Kassi.  It's happening on 4 different iPads in two different locations.  All software is up to date and it's been happening for the past couple of software updates on the regular old Square Register software.

Physical Gift Cards, we swipe the card and the tip screen comes up.  The tip screen always comes up which is what we want.  Sometimes it tells us the balance of the gift card on the tip screen and sometimes not.  We need to know the reason if it it is a technical reason this is happening?  Similar items?  it's happening randomly with all kinds of different charges but all gift card swipes.  I'm sure that is some background logical reason why the code is telling the iPads to do this, just need to know why?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Appreciate all of the details you provided, @2A[redacted]. 

Would it be possible for you to contact our CS Team directly?

I want them to take a deeper look into this since you're having this issue across multiple devices and items. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4