x
Beta Member

Is there a way to add items to my item library in bulk?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

In October I purchased a local business - they had a TON of inventory - which in turn came my way.  They did not track it - which has left me with boxes and boxes of stuff to enter.  I am looking for an easier and more efficient way to count everything I have in the store.  

Most clothing items have their own scannable barcodes from the supplier which should be easy - but I am struggling with getting everything entered.  Is there an easier one? 

I do have the POS with the barcode scanner - but it is attached to the point of sale -- 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Allison-PNR. I'm not sure what kind of POS you have, but it is possible to use a barcode scanner with the Square for Retail iOS app to add items by scanning their barcode.

If that isn't an option with your barcode scanner, you could also add items to a spreadsheet, export it to a CSV, then import the CSV of items into Square.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I have the point of sale - but I also have 3500 square feet of space - how can I add items and count without having to carry everything to the register? 

And with that  - when I receive items I am using the POS to enter - then in comes a customer -- I am inputting everything for said item so customer has to wait. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

If you have a barcode scanner that works with an iOS device, then you could use an iPhone or iPad with it to scan an enter items rather than your POS system.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 4