x
Beta Member

My event is not showing up in my online store

Hi, 

I created am event a week ago and had it listed as unavailable until today. I went back in to update a few details and set the event to "visible" and, it does not show under any category that I select it to be under.

Is there something I might be missing or is this a small glitch? This is my first time using the event item type.

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Beta Member

Hello,

I'm a website designer that works for Square Online clients/sellers.

We are experiencing issues with event-type items too.

In my client's Square Online store editor, the event-type items appear in the order online item list section, in the correct "Events & Parties" assigned category. However, on the live website / store, the event items do not auto-populate in the order online menu.

As a workaround, we changed the event items to food & beverage-type, toggled pickup and delivery fulfillment, and now the items appear in the live order online menu. This is not ideal, because the convenient event details section is no longer available.

An event section can be added to the online store, but positioning it above the order online item list is not an option.

Are there plans to develop a fix and allow event-type items to co-exist with food & beverage items in the order online menu?

Thank you for any helpful advice.

Screenshots are attached for reference.

events-order-online-template.pnglive-order-online-template.png

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Message 22 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @taylorandjones  

Thanks so much for sharing your interest in this Request. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 26
Beta Member

Thank you for your reply @JJ_ 

I have submitted a feature request for this topic.

@SOVeganly @Botanicalbakes @emsroth @justaquestion 

Please review and support this request if it benefits you and share the link with other sellers that would benefit too.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online/Events-and-Food-amp-Beverage-Items-on-Order-Online-...

Many thanks!

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Message 24 of 26
Beta Member

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Message 25 of 26

Honestly, yes. but I don't remember exactly.

I think the main part was that you need to go into the online store builder where is has the "page layout," and you need to activate "events" as an item. 

Click on Online -> Website -> Edit Site to get to the site editor with page layout. Somehow in here I turned on events as an item on the page. 

Message 26 of 26