x

Need option for invoice note

There doesn't appear any way to add a private note to an invoice. I only see notes for items. I know there's a message line but that's visible to the customer. We need a way to make notes privately. My biggest reason is payment method. I log all sales in Square, including those from Venmo and Paypal - but as of now, I have to log them as payment method "other" - how would I ever be able to backtrack if needed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

There isn't a way to save a private note for invoices. @thesunshinejar

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

We also need a way to add a Note and change the status on invoices.  When customers call and want status, we have to go to several different places because there is no way for a note.  I even looked for a third party software that would open a ticket every time an invoice processes but had no luck.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Once an invoice is PAID - Square is done unfortunately

After the invoice is paid is when the work begins for many businesses.

We need a way to change the status from PAID  to SHIPPED or IN PROCESS, custom statuses would be great.

We also need to be able to add notes, such as "Customer called, advised would be ready on Tuesday", so others in the office can also see the notes, with a time stamp.

It would be great to add shipping information with the option to email or text that to the client, but this is the least of my concerns.

My primary concern is making notes on paid invoices as they go through the process.  Right now we are using two other methods for this and met with Clover earlier this week and they are bringing back a demo. 

Thank You!

Message 4 of 4