x

Numeric Keypad does not stay up when entering numeric values

In the Square app version 5.70.3 when entering numeric values into the CHARGE -> CUSTOM Cash field, the ADD VARIATION -> PRICE field, or the REPORTS -> CURRENT DRAWER - END DRAWER -> ACTUAL IN DRAWER field, the Alpha (alphabet) keyboard appears and not the Numeric (number) keypad. There may be other fields that display this same behavior, but these are the most used ones for us.

Furthermore, if you select the numeric keypad (?123) and begin to enter a number the keypad reverts to the alpha keyboard, requiring you to once again select the numeric keypad (?123), between every number. Very annoying and not expected behavior.

The only other option is to long press the numbers along the QWERTY row, also very annoying and time consuming. This is new and definitely unwanted, behavior for a POS.

Please fix the app so that the Numeric Keypad is displayed for all number entry fields, and lock the display of the (?123) Numeric Keypad if a user selects that style of entry from the Alpha Keyboard.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anyone else have this issue? Any Customer Support response?

Message 2 of 4

Same - Unless the value is an amount, the keyboard lets you enter 1 numeric and then back to alpha characters.  My cashiers waste so much time having to select numeric before entry character entered.  Let the cashier decide.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SmValenzuela56 - Thanks for reaching out to us. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

It sounds like there are some troubleshooting steps that our team could walk you through in order to make things work better. 

The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real-time. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4