x

Out of the blue, our register went through a major update last week, anyone have this happen?

Last Wed. while I was on vacation our entire system updated. Sign in is different, there are two sign in choices, retail and standard and retail doesn't let  employees sign in and out. Everything is located in a different place. I can't end the cash drawer at the end of the day. It is very cumbersome checking people out  who buy more than one thing. We NEVER received notice of this and don't even know where to go to learn about it. Yesterday the  system randomly kicked me out. Grrrr very frustrating. Did this happen to anyone else? Where did you go to learn about and work with the changes. Thank you in advance for your help.

Jodi

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hey there @Quaint, and welcome to the Seller Community! 

With the Square Register, your software is updated automatically, so you don't have to manually update to have the newest features and improvements. We update the software every 2-4 weeks, during the nightly reboot - 3 AM your time. If this time doesn't work for your business, you can always adjust it in your settings.

Our team sent out email announcements on February 6 about a product update - Square for Retail is now available on the Square Register (learn more here) 🎉 We're really excited about this! If you're feeling a bit overwhelmed by the changes, please give us a call. We have a team that specializes in knowledge about our Square Register and Square Terminal. Our Customer Success team will be happy to transfer you over to them if you let them know you'd like to speak with the team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2