x

Regarding texting people a link to your website

I've been able to text a link to my website, now when I do, people respond, "what link?" Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @BallZoutdoors 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! It is good to hear from you again.

Would you mind providing some extra context here regarding your issue? Are you sending text message links through Square Marketing? - furthermore, are these links simply not appearing in your correspondance?

The more details we have, the more of a tailored response we can provide. I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hi Joe!  So basically what I've found out, is... before everyone started updating all their phones this summer, I was actually able to text everyone my website link without any problems.  My boyfriend has a droid, I have an Apple.  Some time in April, I believe, all of a sudden, my boyfriend wasn't receiving my link on his phone.  He was always asking me to send it via text to him so he could forward it to whomever he just met.  Problem was, he wasn't getting the link.  I discovered current clients weren't receiving the text either. The only people who were actually getting my link I had texted them were iPhone users like myself.  I don't have a ".com" site. Currently it's the name ".square.site" and for whatever reason Droids must see this link as racist or something because it's blocking Droid users from receiving my weblink via text.  I've even tried burying it in a paragraph and a sentence, but nothing works.  Everyone still responds back that they never got a text from me. It's really frustrating.  I would get a ".com" but I don't like my info being out for just anyone lookup and spam/scam me.  If you have any suggestions on what I can do, I'm open.  If I do indeed get a ".com" I just don't want to register it in a way that will leave me and my info vulnerable.

Message 3 of 6

Ah, this makes sense. Thanks so much for bouncing back here and updating us on where you landed in regards to this issue, @BallZoutdoors - we appreciate it.

Since this issue seems to reside at a cellular service level, I am out of fresh suggestions on how to troubleshoot. I will, however, go ahead and leave this thread fully visible in hopes that another Seller may pop in with a helpful tip. Hopefully we can get some helpful dialogue going here.

Joe
Message 4 of 6

I have a very similar issue. My phone is a Google Pixel 6 and when I try to text a link to my shop, iPhone users are not getting them, but Android users are.

Message 5 of 6

Hi @reid2862 - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your inventory has brought you to the Seller Community.

This does sound off. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team so they can gather the details needed for filing a support ticket for our engineers. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Message 6 of 6