x

Show current inventory and past sales at the same time?

I am trying to figure out how to run a report that would show our current inventory from a vendor, and how many items we've sold over a given date range. For example, when I want to reorder from a vendor, I want to see not just what we have, but the sales performance of those items over the last month, or over the last Christmas season, etc. Currently I have to view inventory by vendor, and then click on each item individually to drill down into its sales history. Even then there is no date range. This is quite time consuming when there are 100+ items. This used to be so easy in QuickBooks POS, so I can't believe this functionality is completely absent in Square. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @tberry668.  Unless I’m overlooking it, there is no standard Square report that will give you this information.  However, you could download the following two CSV files and import them into a spreadsheet:

1. Item Master (which will contain current inventory)
  2. Item Sales Report for the desired period, in summary form, which will contain the number of units sold and returned.

You create a spreadsheet table that will summarize both inventory and sales by SKU.  Right now, that is the only workaround I can think of.  If you’d like to, you should also submit a feature request to the Reporting Team on the Square Ideate Board.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@tberry668 ;

As with what @TheRealChipA  has said the only way is to export this data by csv and use the spreadsheet tools in Google Sheets, Apple Numbers, or excel to combine and manipulate the sheets to do what you need.  Now with Excel you can learn about Power Query to automate some of these steps for you.  The other alternative is if you are using QuickBooks or another accounting Software package is to see if that software can make a chart up to compare these items. 

QuickBooks POS is also based from accounting software which is why it breaks down all these Financial aspects, where as Square is more for helping small businesses take CC transactions and is not an Accounting package.  Now with that being said Square is adding things to their reports when enough people do ask for it through their submit feature request as Chip pointed out. 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3