x
Super Seller

Square Update...Down Grade??

So today we went to ring up an item that has been in our inventory for over a year, and got an error GTIN not found.  The GTIN was missing the leading 0 when Square read it this time.  All last year and up till today Square and this scanner has read the leading 0 in the SKU.  The SKU in the item fields has the leading 0 and then we get can't find items GTIN 945...... when the SKU is 0945.......

Why did this stop working?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Candlestore - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with checkout. It certainly sounds like something is awry here.

If you haven't already, I suggest reaching out directly to the Square for Retail Support team so they can take a look at this item and your setup. They will also be able to confirm whether or not this is a current known issue.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Reached out to support, asked if I had newest updates for Square and for Ipad.   We had the newest version of Square for Retail but not Ipad.  Needed to update that.  Now it is current, and according to the release notes I can now connect a keyboard to both my Ipad and IMac, got new emojis and have better communication with Siri....None of which is relevant to my Ipads in a Square stand.  So as expected the Update to Ipad version IOS 15.4.1 did not solve this and am waiting for a call back from support.

Just an FYI for anyone reading this...

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

- After talking to Square support for the second time, came to find out a Ticket will be created because something may have happened with the last update that broke this.   

Was asked to create the barcode myself if I could.

So I created 3 of them in different types of barcode codes.

1st one was a 2D Aztec code -- worked fine

2nd Code 128 ---------------------- worked fine

3rd one EAN-13-------------------- Dropped the leading 0 and asked me if I wanted to add the item

This code is assigned to a UPC code 0901202117407, so to get it to work I had to create a GTIN of 901202117407

This is my current work around but if I or others keep finding barcodes that are like this we may have a bigger issue.

This barcode is from a preprinted barcode on a label of a product I buy and resell.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 4 of 4