x
Beta Member

Square for Retail variation order changed?

Hi.

The Retail Item Variations order is jumbled today.  The Dashboard and App versions have the Variations in the order we established (lowest to highest, alphabetical, etc.), but today the Retail Variations are currently in no detectable pattern.

Thanks for your help!

@KimsBooks 

20201015_144444.jpg20201015_144414.jpg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @KimsBooks!

Unfortunately those images didn't load. Do you mind providing another screenshot? 

Thank you! 📚

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

20201015_144414.jpg20201015_144414.jpg20201015_144444.jpg

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

Hi @isabelle 

Reloaded.  Interesting thing:  loaded pics looked fine in draft.  Checked preview and only one pic loaded.  Third time to load both images.  Sounds like there is some unhappy tech right now......

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

@KimsBooks, did your order ever return to normal? Mine didn't...

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

@Paulyester 

Nope.  I got the following message 11/8/20...but haven't seen any updates yet.  

Jae here from Square Customer Success. I appreciate your patience as I just received an update of the situation last night.
It appears the engineering team has fixed the issue in an update (app version 5.53) that is coming out very soon. Once available, we recommend updating your app to ensure you have the latest features and fixes available.

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

We noticed it too: is taking the cashiers a few heartbeats longer to 'relearn' where stuff got moved to... had a few 'click errors' because of it.  Used to be we could arrange the order in the 'items' menu and it would reflect as such in the 'checkout' menu but now no change. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @KimsBooks and @Paulyester,

Stepping in for @isabelle here. This definitely seems off or buggy.

I'd recommend reaching out to our direct Retail team who can take a closer look and hopefully provide some more information on what's causing this.

They can file a ticket for you if need be too.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8