x

Unable to Cancel Order

I have a brick and mortar book store. I've been working through some workflows on Order creation for pre-ordering books that customers want to special order. My workflow was going to be to create the custom order with the customer info, have them prepay and then pick up in the store when the books come in. I cannot get the order on the Square Terminal to allow me to pay on the terminal. It only will let me manually enter credit card details online or send a paylink.

I went through the process and marked the order as Ready. Then the only option that I had was to Mark as Picked Up. When I selected that option, it says it's Waiting Payment but I can't get to a screen to accept the payment on the Square Terminal. Now I can't even delete or cancel the order. It seems to be stuck in limbo and through the Square Virtual Terminal, the only thing that I can do is accept a manually entered payment.

So I have 2 issues, how can I pay for an order through the Square Terminal and how can I cancel an order that's awaiting payment?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Hi @PageandFlame.  In order to point you in the right direction, I need some clarification.  Initially I thought that you were referring to the device in the photo below when you said “terminal.”  But then you said “virtual terminal” which is an entirely different thing, and is accessed from our online dashboards.  Before I try to troubleshoot this and send you the wrong direction, please clarify.

IMG_5229.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 7

It's both tbh. I wanted to create the order on my pc through the web interface and then be able to check out through the terminal that sits next to the pc. I don't think that it should be that difficult which is why I feel like i'm missing something simple here. I just got 2 test orders into a state that I can't delete them and I still haven't figured out how to pay for an order through the physical terminal that you pictured.

Message 3 of 7

Just bumping to see if by any chance you know how to fix this? Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

I think I can help with part of it. I just got home (long  day). But I’m emailing this to myself to remind me to look at it with fresh eyes in the morning. 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

Hey @PageandFlame - unfortunately I can't help..... but I'm in the same situation. 
Currently 307 days overdue and no options to mark as complete when I do it for all other live orders. 

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 14.28.49.jpg

Pizza Is Chill

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Ok @PageandFlame.  Sorry for the delay.  

First, you said you “wanted to create the order on my pc through the web interface and then be able to check out through the terminal that sits next to the pc.”. I assume that you mean you are keying in an order on your dashboard’s Virtual Terminal, and when you scroll down to the Payment Details area, you don’t see your connected terminal anywhere in that list.  (I’ve circled mine in red to show that it was recognized).  If that is the case then your connected terminal is not configured correctly, or not configured at all. 

Go back to your Virtual Terminal, click Settings > Devices.  Is there a device name in the list (as shown on my second screen shot below?). If not, then your terminal that “sits new to your PC” is not configured.  You’ll need to add a device and then payments through that should work just fine.

As for your checks that are stuck in limbo, I unfortunately have nothing to offer there.  Can you post a screen shot showing those?

IMG_5249.jpeg

IMG_5250.jpeg

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 7 of 7