x

Uploading Inventory - Variation Issues

I am a Golf Professional and Liquidator. Many of the items I have fall under the same brand, have the same size in different colors, and very rarely do I get more than 2 of a particular style. This task is overwhelming and daunting, and I do not want to continue entering all my items (over 1400) until I have the correct procedure down. For example, I have 8 footjoy shirts, 3 large (1 blue, 1 red, 1 yellow), 2 xlarge (1 white, 1 blue), and 3 small (1 red, 1 green, 1 purple).

• Under "Item Name" on the spreadsheet, I am entering Footjoy Men's Polo
  •  
  • Under "Description" I'm entering what the shirt is called (i.e. Footjoy Traveler Polo)
  • Under "Category" I'm entering, Men's Polos

I am not sure whether to enter the different variations under "Variation Name" Column or "Option Name 1/Option Value 1." Entering 1 or the other, I am getting 2 different error messages saying:

• "An item and its variations must have the same description. Update the descriptions for the following rows: [31 32 33 34 35 36]."
  • "For the item B Draddy Men's Polo, all variations must use the same option sets. Update the option sets for the variations in the following rows: [15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24]." 

I don't know what to do to make this correction and enter all information the correct way. Thank you for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@MIKEYGOLF ;

What I would do is go to your Square Dashboard.

Items- add (create) a new item.   And create 1 Item with the MOST information you can.

So for example Create a new Item:

Item Name - Footjoy Men's Polo

Description - Footjoy Traveler Polo

Then for Variations - Create 2 Option Sets

Size - Small, Large, X-Large

Color -  Blue Red Yellow White Green Purple.

Then enter a Quanty and anything else you may need included, Tax, SKU, GTIN, Sellable, Location etc.

After doing this for an Item or 2, then Export your Items Catalog so you have a template of what Square is requiring then fill in the rest of your items according to YOUR template.  

The Option Name 1 will be Size and Option Name 2 will be Color

Option Value 1 will be Small , Large OR X large

Option Value 2 Will be one of your colors for this Variation ie (Blue Red Yellow White Green Purple)

Your actual Variation Name might be Small Red, Large Green etc for example.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2