x

Variable price item

looking into switching to square, we are a candy store and we sell lots of items in bulk can you item in the pos system not have a price attached to it. 

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. Getting started is a really exciting step for your business, so I'm happy to help. I've merged your post with an existing thread in which sellers also have a variable priced set for their items (or services, even though they are selling chocolate), but what you do need to consider is creating a few separate items.

1: Create a variable priced item (possibly titled "Word Count") that will change depending on your flat rate for that word count.

2: If you have a set of normal prices/popular word counts that you use, you can create them as items. For example, create a "100 Word Count" item and add the price for that flat rate. 

3: If you're prorated price is the same, then you will create that as a separate item as well. If the price changes per book, then you will also leave that as a variable priced item.

I truly hope this all makes sense, but I would think of your services as "items" for now, and work through the inventory as such. @cmusicshop and @Dan1 are great resources for advice on this as well, so feel free to tag them in any questions you have! 

Also, @brucescandy can also say if his workarounds help him too.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Square Community Moderator

Hey @chefmichele, thanks for reaching out.

Since this thread is a bit older do you mind clarifying what you are having issues with? I am happy to assist! 

Message 22 of 23
Beta Member

Is there a way to have these variable priced items in the Online Store? Omnichannel is really important. 

Message 23 of 23