x

What is the best way to do a blanket price increase on my items?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Blank price increase]

What is the best way to do a blank price increase on every item I sell without having to go into every item to adjust price and printing a set of new price tags?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@felixc ;

You say you want to do a Blanket price increase, is this a $ amount or a % based increase?

What you can do is export your Items Catalog, then all the way to the right create a New Column call it Increased price.

write this formula in your first Items Row :

=(H2+.50) if increasing price by $0.50 or   =(H2*1.05) if increasing price by 5%  Then fill this formula down that column and check to see that H2 goes to H3, H4, etc to the end.

H2 is where my Price was for my file, now with Square adding Columns this may have changed or could change.

Now as for changing prices per Label, I am not sure how you Print your labels, but what we did to eliminate repricing all ITEMS is we make Shelf tags or banners with the price of our items.  This way when we change price we just need to adjust these shelf tags or banners, since the Barcode is assigned the price and pulls the updated price at the POS screen.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi Felixc,

It's possible to use a CVS file for upload changes - the trick is to ensure your fields match up.  As for printing a set of new price tags - that may be a manual effort - perhaps another Community member has a suggestion.

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

@felixc ;

You say you want to do a Blanket price increase, is this a $ amount or a % based increase?

What you can do is export your Items Catalog, then all the way to the right create a New Column call it Increased price.

write this formula in your first Items Row :

=(H2+.50) if increasing price by $0.50 or   =(H2*1.05) if increasing price by 5%  Then fill this formula down that column and check to see that H2 goes to H3, H4, etc to the end.

H2 is where my Price was for my file, now with Square adding Columns this may have changed or could change.

Now as for changing prices per Label, I am not sure how you Print your labels, but what we did to eliminate repricing all ITEMS is we make Shelf tags or banners with the price of our items.  This way when we change price we just need to adjust these shelf tags or banners, since the Barcode is assigned the price and pulls the updated price at the POS screen.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3