x

auto create order

Hello! Is it possible to auto create orders without having to set a customer and pickup time?

We have a very simple process and with the checkout (by charge) we would like to generate the order, which can then be processed in the kitchen then. Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

I agree any ideas?

Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @diripper and @G33KX 👋

Can either of you post a screenshot of the screen that prompts you to add pickup information. I want to make sure I'm on the same page as you. 

Message 3 of 7

Hi @BernadetteA ! Please check following screenshot. Is that what you meant? When "Orders" are activated in the settings you need to schedule and set a pickup time if you want to have an order created. If you do not use the "Schedule" and just use the "Charge" checkout, then unfortunately no order will be created.

diripper_0-1635597058744.png

Message 4 of 7

I tried to duplicate this in my test account, but I'm not seeing the same prompt. Can you please reach out to our support team so a rep can troubleshoot this one on one with you? The reps have better access to the accounts from the backend and will be able to go over the settings with you. 

Message 5 of 7

Hello @BernadetteA.

I am a little confused. There is only one setting in the iOS apps that enables the creation of orders. When activated, the "Schedule" button appears in the checkout. That's all.
So how do you create orders then?

diripper_0-1635631243003.png

diripper_1-1635631287378.png

Message 6 of 7

Thank you for the screenshot. I apologize for the misunderstanding. 😊

Order Manager allows you to create orders from the app for shipping, pickup or third party delivery orders. Do you need to create orders for this type of fulfillment method, or will all of your orders be processed and completed in person? 

You can toggle the option off, then create a sale by clicking Checkout > Library. Once you add your items, click "Review Sale" then click the blue "charge" button. 

Alternatively, you can switch to the previous version by clicking Settings > Checkout > Revert to previous experience

Hope that helps, but please let me know if you still have questions.

Message 7 of 7