x

payment reject e-mail - I was suspicious ....

Received an e-mail in my spam folder. The e-mail address looks suspicious and

the address on bottom is from Australia. I hadn't click on anything but started looking at who sent it and the address.

First time, I had received a payment reject e-mail .. 

Does square send an e-mail notifying you of a payment rejected ? 

( It's still in my spam - haven't click on anything ) 

thank you...

Message 1 of 15
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: payment reject e-mail - I was suspicious ....

Hey @KGN - Square will notify sellers of any declined transactions. If the email you received seems suspicious please don't reply to the message, select any links, or open any attachments. Feel free to forward your email to spoof@squareup.com to report the incident. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @KGN - Square will notify sellers of any declined transactions. If the email you received seems suspicious please don't reply to the message, select any links, or open any attachments. Feel free to forward your email to spoof@squareup.com to report the incident. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Best Answer

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 15

I had the same thing sent to me yesterday. Asking to relink my bank account.   @sayra  You say Square will send us an email. How do we know if it is legit?  Will it be from Herza?  

I went on my Square page and can't find any notifications listing a problem with my account. 

Message 3 of 15
Admin

Hey @Shellette💫

It's fair to assume that if the email is not from a @squareup.com email, it is likely not from us and should be forwarded to spoof@squareup.com. So sorry about that! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 15

I've been trying a week to get my money off my card they haven't sent an email to the email on file it won't let me update an email. So my money stuck on square and I'm **bleep**ed. 

Message 5 of 15

?/

Message 6 of 15

I've changed my phone number and email but amember how do I get access to my account with my new number my card works still just don't get any notification

Message 7 of 15

Hey there, @Gary2357

Welcome to the Community. 

If you're having trouble accessing your account after making those changes, I am going to recommend reaching out to our CS Team directly. They will be able to get this sorted for you and back into your account. 

You can use this number to contact them by phone: 1-855-700-6000.

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

Is there a phishing link to send emails to? I keep getting different ones. I always know they aren't real. But, who knows? Someday they might get better? Most companies have an email to send phishing scams to them to report. Thanks! 

Edit.. Never mind. As soon as I posted, the spoof email was the comment above me. So, got it sent. 

Message 9 of 15

Glad to hear you found it, @ParthenonPizza

Posting this here again just in case anyone else has trouble locating the destination for these type of fraudulent emails. 

If you receive a suspicious email, if could do us a favor and forward this over to spoof@squareup.com, it would help us in our investigation into where these are coming from.

Cheers!

Joe
Message 10 of 15

The emails are legit I have been corresponding with the customer 

Message 11 of 15

Welcome to the Community, @Essickwoodworks

Yes, you can reach our CS Team directly at 1-855-700-6000 Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 12 of 15

Is there a number I can call

Message 13 of 15

I can’t send invoice because square rejects email as invalid when they aren’t 

Message 14 of 15

Is anyone there?

Message 15 of 15