x

shipping phone number required for seller

I've been trying to resolve several problems with the website for a couple of months now. Finally decided to publish the website; couldn't wait any longer.

Shipping on my first sale went fine. Then it started requiring me to enter my phone number, which I did. Error message. Changed it to (###) ###-####. Still got an error message. So I had to use PayPal shipping; I had $600 in sales my first day with no way to ship on Square/Weebly.

I sent a request a few days ago, still haven't heard back. Anyone else?

Thanks. Stay blessed and safe.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Hi @kimsrom👋

I was able to successfully enter in my phone number during checkout on your website. Is this where you are running into difficulties entering a phone number, or somewhere else? A screenshot of the exact error message would be helpful!

If you're using a valid phone number and still running into difficulties, our team would be able to dig in with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here. Our team aims to respond to new email forms within 24-48 hours. If you have submitted a new email form, and haven't heard back in 48 hours, I'd recommend giving our team a call on Monday.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

Perhaps I'm confused if it's asking for the BUYER'S phone. Here's a photoshopped pic of the error I get. It has automatically entered MY email and address.

fyi, I've been having a non-solved problem with my Preview not looking like the Published site. (Support tells me they don't know why and can't help me. Not acceptable!)

When I log in, I must have made 3 locations. Could this be the problem with everything?

Thanks so much for your help!

square shipping phone 2 photoshopped.jpg

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

This pop-up screen looks like where you should be entering in the address you are shipping from, @kimsrom.

You should see this pop-up when clicking Edit Address on this screen:

If this is where you are seeing the pop-up, the information auto-populating in the pop-up blanks should be your information. Have you tried allowing your phone number to be saved here to see if the Phone is required error message goes away when you save a phone number on this screen? It looks like you may have tried here, but I'm not sure.

Having multiple locations that you aren't using can certainly make things confusing! While it isn't possible to delete locations, you can deactivate a location at any time through the Locations page of your Square Dashboard.

Valentina
Message 4 of 10

Yes. Since it filled it all in I assume it wants MY phone. 

But it won’t accept it. 

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

This definitely seems odd, @kimsrom. I've gone ahead and escalated a case for you, so that somebody can take a closer look and reach out by email. In the meantime, the quickest way to get in touch with our Support team and to reach a resolution is by logging into your Square account, heading here, and giving us a call. If you have a moment to do that, that's what I would recommend next!

Valentina
Message 6 of 10

Thank you. I just emailed Taylor at support.

Hoping he can help with the other issues I've been having.

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Great - I'm glad to hear you were able to get in touch with us that way, @kimsrom!

Valentina
Message 8 of 10

We're having this exact same problem. Were you able to resolve it?

Message 9 of 10

I imagine someone from support will read this and help you; that's what they had to do for me. We took care of it working together on the phone so I'm not sure what they did to override it.

Sorry!

Message 10 of 10