x

tax - how do i set up tax?

I am having trouble with tax for my signs I sell.  I live in Ma and it does ma tax but not other states... how do i fix this?

Message 1 of 6
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: tax - how do i set up tax?

Sounds like you don't have a brick and mortar location in the state you're shipping to. 

Note: for US taxes, you only need to collect them if you have a presence in the state that you are shipping an order to. If you don’t, you don’t collect taxes. @Signlady22

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Sounds like you don't have a brick and mortar location in the state you're shipping to. 

Note: for US taxes, you only need to collect them if you have a presence in the state that you are shipping an order to. If you don’t, you don’t collect taxes. @Signlady22

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Are you looking to charge tax through Point of Sale for in-person payment or through the Online Store? 

@Signlady22

Justin
Message 2 of 6

Its for an online store

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Justin
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for your help

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

No worries! 

Justin
Message 6 of 6