x

A purchase list for class attendees

Hello, we are having a problem which must be solvable but that we haven't figured out yet. Most of the "Items" that we sell are class attendees purchasing a class on our website. So we really just need a complete list of who has bought each of these "items" with their email. For some reason, we cant just look for a report by item name, because if someone purchased a class called "By Land Sea and Air" and someone else purchased a class called "landscape painting" they end up on the same list. Also, some of the class attendees are basically always missing from the lists (we think because they purchase another class at the same time, and then are only put on the list for the other "item." So we cant figure out how to see a complete, clear, and accurate list of people who have purchased one class, (along with their emails) anywhere. We have been solving this by cross referencing with the emails that we receive for class purchases, but that has problems for another reason: We only receive one email, even if someone purchases 2 classes, so it is pretty time consuming to cross reference the class list using the emails, not to mention there is considerable room for human error. I cant imagine that this is hard to do, it seems like the most basic aspect of running a store online, but we haven't been able to figure it out, yet. Pleez help!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Hey @AlchemyArt-

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. So sorry for the delay.

After reading your post, there isn't an immediate report that comes to mind. However, I think there's still a way you could at least have access to this data within the Online Dashboard. First, I have to ask, are you requiring that the purchasers (class attendees) add themselves as a customer (by inputting their email address) when they make their purchase?

This will be required if you want to have their customer profile keep track of their purchases/items. Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 15

Thanks for your response! Yes we are making them add their email address

Message 3 of 15
Admin

Thanks for your reply, @AlchemyArt.

I've looked through the Online Dashboard, and I'm not able to export a report that includes the email address of the customer, and the items they purchased. The closest report I could find to what you're looking for, would be exporting an Item Sales Detail .CSV. This would include the items purchased, and the name of the customer that purchased said item, but will not show their email address. 

Otherwise, you can also click on any of your customer's profiles, and view their item purchase history. 

Perhaps some of our Super Sellers, @pessosices @GlassJudy or @VanKalkerFarms will have some suggestions or input. I'm going to see if Square Marketing offers more detailed reports/data that could offer what you're looking for. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I can't find a report which gives all of the desired information in one place.

Judy T Shumway
Message 5 of 15

I teach virtual cooking classes. I want to learn how to generate a "class list" with name and email of each guest in the class so I can send emails to students. Please provide me with step by step how-to.  Thank you!

Message 6 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Homewithatwist 👋,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

@isabelle provided some clarity above in her answers about what you're able to do/what you're not able to do in terms of pulling reports for this. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 15

I think I just found the answer to this. Go to customers/directory. Click on Fliters on upper right of page. Then filter customers by item, select your parameters (can be by item name or SKU in the select drop down).  Click view xx customers at bottom.

Customers who bought that will display, select all. Then add them to a group. Then you can go to export customers, and choose the group you created.

Message 8 of 15

You are spot on with this workaround, @adobbratz! Nice work. Thanks for jumping back here and taking the time to list your process, it will help a lot of other Sellers going forward!

Cheers!

Joe
Message 9 of 15
Super Seller

Hello!

I was wondering if there is an update on a report for Event attendees. 

Transactions -> Filter by Item -> Export Items Detail CSV  is useful, however, having phone number and email would save us much time. 

Thanks!

Message 10 of 15
Alumni

Hi @TCSlaguna No update at this time. 

Justin
Message 11 of 15
Super Seller

@isabelle Any update on this feature? I have an event on Tuesday with 33 attendees. Looking through 33 customers' profiles will be quite tedious. Hoping there is an easier way next time.  

Message 12 of 15

Hello @TCSlaguna

We don't currently have updates on this, unfortunately. 

We will make sure to update this thread if the feature is launched. 

Thank you. 

Frances
Message 13 of 15

Any update to this for 2022?

Message 14 of 15

Hey @tanesha2008,

We don't currently have updates on this but feel free to share your suggestions in our Ideate Room. Also, check out this Best Answer from above as a possible workaround.

I appreciate your patience. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 15 of 15