x
Beta Member

Adding Google Analytics Ecommerce Tracking to Square Appointments.

Hi - I'm using Square Appointments to allow customers to book appointments for House calls for Primary Care and IV Therapy. I want to add Google Analytics Ecommerce to my Square Appointment so we can track marketing spends agains the revenue/conversion. Currently there is no easy way, all I see it Square Appointment has only one option to add GA Tracking Code. However, I do see Square Online has few options under Settings > General > Tracking section. But I do not see any examples of the value needs to put in Custom Tracking - Cart Page, Custom Tracking - Payment Page, Custom Tracking - Receipt Page as below. Can someone help me here. I have called several times to Square Online support and every time they are redirecting me to different department for answer and some are pointing me to google. It's ridiculous that they are providing you options to put some value in those boxes but there are not such examples on how one might use that to properly track their transactions.Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 9.29.12 PM.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @TrueHealWellnes 

I'm not sure if you have gotten this to work yet,  But have you tried also setting up a "goal" in google analytics?

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Yes I did. Since I use square appointment. It’s loaded as iframe on the checkout page so you can’t add any tracking pixel on it. It’s bull**bleep** that square don’t support basic e-commerce tracking on these products. 

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Ok, for anyone interested and following. This is the official Square supported solution for appointments conversion tracking: They released the Bookings API Beta in Dec 2020 (now officially released) and this makes it possible to take the appointments booking process "in-house" by building your own.

So after working for a year and a half, I've done just that. Take a look: https://beautifulsalon.co/book/services/

It's modeled after Square's own process for an easy transition for our clients, with some tweaks that I consider upgrades.

But most importantly, you can fire any Google Analytics events at any point, or any other tracking code.

If anyone is interested, I am considering the option of taking on projects to deploy this solution for other Square sellers, just message me. Accurate conversion tracking was worth spending my time to build this solution, but I realize that many sellers might not place such a high value. I wish there would have been an easier way, but I hope this helps!

Message 4 of 4