x

Adding a sale to a specific category after the transaction is final

We are an art studio/gallery and sometimes need to go back and credit the correct artist after a transaction is final.  Please tell me there is a way to do this!  

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

There isn't a way to retroactively edit a purchase without doing a refund.  Transactions will always show an item as being in the category it was in at the time of the transaction.  If you change an item to a new category, it doesn't retroactively change previous transactions. 

Message 2 of 4

Has this issue been resolved by Square?  It is a very much needed upgrade to ensure correct reporting and tracking.  

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @JSMAlaska thanks for checking in on this, this feature has not been implemented. I know this has been asked from sellers but we are making some changes to our feature request process, I will ask if you submit this request on our Ideate Board which is our new process of tracking feature requests. From this new board, we will make sure to track and provide updates. That being said please understand submission to Ideate does not guarantee a feature will be implemented. There are many factors that go into actually bringing the request to fruition. To learn a little more about how feature requests work, please see this post (squ.re/Ideate-Commuity) from one of our Seller Community Moderators. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 4