x

Anybody else having trouble with the star tsp100III receipt printer?

My Star tsp100III receipt printer comes up with errors and ask me to retry all the time and then eventually prints multiple receipts.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @rshowers !

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your receipt printer! I use the same printers in my store and I have not had any issues at all.

First question: has the printer worked in the past or is this a new printer for your setup? If in the past, do you know if anything has changed (network config, adding other devices, etc) that could have caused the errors?

Next question: are you connecting via USB hub, ethernet, bluetooth, or wifi? Each one will have a different way to troubleshoot. For USB and ethernet, I recommend unplugging and replugging the printer to see if that clears things up. For Bluetooth, I recommend forgetting the printer in both the square app and your operating system and re-sync'ing them. For wifi... well... it could be a whole mess of things. If you're using wifi connections please let us know and we can specifically dig into that one.

Next question: have you tried putting the Square app on another device and seeing if you have problems there? (This won't work if you're connected via the USB hub though)

Also, make sure that your app and operating system is on the latest versions. I've seen times where small changes in the code cause random errors to occur.

Let us know and we will continue to dig into this!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3

It is usb and it has always done it. I'm not very fond of it. I have it on the square register and is hook into the usb hub.

Message 3 of 3