x

Unable to update inventory

I am unable to create or update items in my inventory. It says "We're sorry, but something went wrong" any time I try to save an item in Item Library. I wasn't sure if this was a current outage of some sort. I had a team member of mine use a separate computer in a different location try to update an item, but they had the same issue as me. I was able to create new products yesterday, but I have had this error message occur since I started trying to create new inventory about 3 hours ago.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @beautifullife thanks for your post. It's possible there is an outage or something preventing updates to inventory. You can check reported outages & incidents at https://www.issquareup.com.

There is also sometime a lag between inventory updates between items edited on your POS, or computer dashboard. Do you sync inventories between an online store and a physical location? If this is so, you could try updating your inventory using the "other" method...meaning if you are trying to update inventory from your POS or computer, you can try going into your online dashboard > items...and update this way and see if that makes any difference for you.

I hope you're able to find a fix for your issue. Perhaps another using can also suggest an alternative way to achieve your updates to your inventory.

Message 2 of 4

Unfortunately, it is a far worse issue than that.  Not only can't the inventory be updated, new items can't be added.  And Support has no end date on the "fix."

Message 3 of 4

I've been dealing with this issue since last night.  At first it was just updating inventory.  Now it is adding ANY new product items AT ALL.  I contacted the support team, they said I could add items now, just not update the inventory and they'd fix it.  Great....except it wasn't great.  I couldn't add items.  Not on my desktop.  Not on the dashboard.  Not on Square Online.  Ironically, I WAS able to add items via my mobile phone app.  BUT, the items will ONLY SHOW UP ON MY MOBILE PHONE APP....not on the dashboard, not Online, not on my Square Register...and not on anyone else's mobile phone app.  I contacted Support again...supposedly the engineers are trying to fix the issue, but they have no end date to fix the problem.  And no way (supposedly) to let people know when it is fixed.  I'm literally sitting here staring at over $25k (wholesale) of new product to be added - and it can't be added....makes it VERY difficult to sell that way!

Message 4 of 4