x

Anyone else having issues with Etsy not syncing

I had a Square account and was excited to here that it would now sync with my Etsy store but i can't get them to sync

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Hi.. I also had a square account prior to this merger..  Today was the first time that a link showed up for me to link then sync..  I got thru the link part ok.. then when I went to sync it just gave me an error..  I tried 3 times today... no luck..

Message 2 of 35

I was able to sync all my listings last weekend but tried to update with new listings this weekend, and it’s not working. Sent Etsy an email. 

Message 3 of 35

5 days ago (April 20th) i was able to Sync my Etsy shop with Square,
now, I cannot sync Square with ETSY shop. 

Steps i've taken:

removed app from phone
disconnected Square from Etsy account
cleared cache on Chrome - Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)
removed all "variations" on my listings 
posted the question to Etsy - they tell me to disconnect Square and then reconnect = did not work

please help? thanks I just sent email to Square support, too. thanks

Message 4 of 35

Hello @PeggySpo, @CrackedHalo, @STUDBOLT616, and @fleurdesuds

I'm sorry to hear that all of you have been having issues with Etsy integration. For this issue I recommend reaching out directly to Etsy's Support Team. They will be able to troubleshoot this issue with you over email or by phone! 

Message 5 of 35

Etsy support was able to sort it out for me, thanks!

Message 6 of 35

How??

Message 7 of 35

well, I emailed etsy, got bumped up 3 levels of support. So Etsy had me disconnect the shop. then delete everything off square , then sync. It worked one time. that was it. then they said to go to square who said to go to Etsy.

this is really insane.

I just tried to sync and i get "sync has unfortunately failed. try again" .. I'm not doing any outside shows til fall. maybe it will be fixed by then. I wish you lots of luck. 

Message 8 of 35

I am having the same issue.  I reached out to Etsy and they are directing me to Square.  The last sync was on the 15th.

Message 9 of 35

Sync failing. Again. Emailed Etsy. Again. This is getting to the point of ridiculous and is very disrupting. It syncs when it feels like it, not when I need it. 

Message 10 of 35

Etsy sends us to Square, Square sends us to Etsy...and repeat. I have a huge show on Saturday! Not at all impressed with either at the moment.

Message 11 of 35
Alumni

Hi @JCStudio - What are you trying to get done?

Etsy support has more answers at this time for the integration, but we can try to help you out. I found this help article in Etsy's Support center. Does it have you answer there?

If you're trying to unsync your account here are the instructions they list out:

Disconnect from Square

If you need to disconnect your Etsy shop from your Square account, go to the Square Sales Channel page and select disconnect my shop from Square near the bottom of the page.

Message 12 of 35

YES, this sucks. Etsy's app says, "problems? Contact Square." When I called Square, they said contact Etsy. I contacted Etsy, they said they hadn't heard of this problem with anyone else before (??), and suggested I disocnnect and reconnect. Obviously that didn't work. They said try deleting your location to fix it, but a location is required to sync. 

My biggest festival of the year starts tomorrow and this is so stressful. 

Message 13 of 35

I’ve been living a nightmare for over a month now. This is just going to get worse with the fairs and events this summer. It’s screwing up my entire system and ruining my business. Reviews and word of mouth are the backbone of my business and for customers not being able to leave a review for items purchased through square even if they are Etsy customers is horrific. Then the stupid gray stock photo for sold items, and you can’t my see sold items off square on Etsy anymore. Too many issues to name but I thought you’d like to also hear about how Etsy says “sync failed” but the items actually appears in square. So I’m getting an error that it didn’t sync ...when it actually did. And yeah I emailed both “support teams.” They point the finger at each other. What a joke.

Message 14 of 35

Thanks for getting in touch with Square. I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble with your item library and Etsy.

With the Item Import Tool, easily add or erase items for your library using an Excel (.xlsx) or CSV template.

To get started with Item Import Tool, follow the steps below:

1. Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Import at the top-right of the page > click the Import button in the pop-up.
  3. Select Modify Item Library to add new items and update existing items, or Replace Item Library to delete all existing items and replace them with your uploaded items.
  4. Click Next > Download our template file. Select between Excel (recommended) or CSV.

Note: If you’re using Safari as your web browser, you’ll need to right-click the Download our template link and save the file to your computer.

5. Open the itemsbulk-template.xlsx or .csv file saved to your computer in a spreadsheet program.
  6. Fill in the template columns with your item information. When editing the template, keep the following tips in mind:
    • Don’t change any of the information in the Item ID column or delete empty columns.
    • Leaving the category field blank will leave the item as Uncategorized.
    • New categories will be created for any new values identified in the Category column.
    • Leaving the price field blank will create a variable priced item.
    • Leaving the modifier field blank will default the modifier to off. Place a “Y” in the appropriate Modifier Set column if you’d like a specific modifier applied to an item.
  7. Save the edited file to your computer.

8. Drag and drop the file into the upload area or click select it from your computer > Upload.

9. Review your changes and click Confirm Import to upload your new item library.

Note: Once you click Confirm Import, you’re unable to revert back to your previous item library.

Keep in mind that once you’ve confirmed an import, you’re unable to revert back to a previous version of your library. You can find step-by-step instructions for importing your item library in our Support Center.

Let me know if you have questions – I’m glad to help!

Justin
Square Customer Success

Message 15 of 35

Having same error. Last sync was May16!

Message 16 of 35
Alumni

Hey @Preema - Sorry that you're also having the same issue. We recommend reaching out to Etsy support for any troubleshooting steps as they'll have more information. Feel free to share their solution here which could potentially help any Sellers that might run into this problem in the future. 🙂

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 17 of 35

Hi, All! I was having the same issues.  I had created separate locations and categories in Square.  I went into square and deleted all of my items as well as my categories. (I had to delete the items one by one.) I went back into Etsy and clicked on the Square icon located on the lower left side.  When syncing from Etsy I made sure I used the original location not the additional ones I created prior.  Hit the sync button and everything worked correctly.  The categories you had in Square prior will reappear. It looks like I am not able to add other locations but that is fine as long as my items appear in Square and I am able to do outside purchases and make invoices.

Message 18 of 35

I've tried to sync about 6 times in the last hour. Restarted my phone, turned my phone off and on, tried both with and without Wi-Fi, this crap is not working.

Message 19 of 35
Admin

Hey @sellingasthesal, I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble with this as well. I went to check for any known issues and everything should be on the up-and-up from Square's end. If you haven't had the chance already, please contact Etsy and let them know. They should be able to take a deeper dive from their end and offer next steps to get this resolved. Hope this helps get you in the right direction.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 20 of 35

Hi Tom,  thanks for the reply but I really see that as a conversation that should occur between partners, not between the users and the partners. We're super busy at our company and not inclined to solve problems for two other companies...

Message 21 of 35