x

Bluetooth

Hello! I'm setting up the square reader ( Contactless + Chip Reader) to an Apple IPad. I've read the instructions and have set everything up including the Magstripe Card reader (everything is also up to date with the correct software) . However the problem I'm facing is with the Contactless Readers' Bluetooth. I've read the instructions and watched the video on how to set it up. I understand the colors and what they mean, so when the orange lights are flashing I know it's searching. I've tried linking it up to other devices such as an IPad 2, IPhone 6, Galaxy X5 and a Dell Inspiron 20-3052. All couldn't find the little reader. So this makes me wonder if we just happen to get a faulty one or is it just being stubborn?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Sorry to hear about the trouble! The process should be pretty straightforward. While it might be a little hard to sort this out over the community, we'd be happy to go over this with you over the phone (if that's okay).

You can reach us Monday through Friday, from 6AM - 6PM PT. Just sign in here to access your customer code and our number. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 2