x

Can my customer make multiple credit card deposits to the same invoice?

We create unique custom ordered furniture and require a deposit upon order. I think Square Invoices would work well, but I want to know if the customer can apply multiple payments UN-scheduled? Example: $5000 custom farm table - $3000 deposit today with $2000 due in 90 days.

We may complete and deliver BEFORE or AFTER the 90 days. It's an estimated date of completion and we do NOT expect them to pay the final balance until they have their table. Often times, they will want to pay an additional $500, $1000, etc. How would they make the extra "deposits" against their balance due with the invoice from Square?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @BraunFarmTables.

There are a couple of options that may work for a business like yours with our Square Invoices. You can send out estimates to your clients or upload a sheet to your Invoice with details of the estimated pricing and delivery date. You are also able to request a deposit. Take a look at this great article on how you can Request Deposits with Square Invoices. 

Let me know if you would like me to provide you with more detailed articles on our Invoice features. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2