x
Beta Member

Can't sign into Square Dashboard App. Message "Too many failed login attempts."

Which is fine, but there doesn't seem to be a way to reset the account.  I can still log into Square online and in my other Square app. 

Thanks for any help.

Betsy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Betctru👋

This error typically appears after several failed attempts to log in. I would suggest to try again after 24 hours of receiving that message. If the issue persists then Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hello, I deleted my app ( on iphone), as my square reader was saying an orange message "reader issue ", which i have never seen, then it would randomly connect.  So i ordered a new tap/ chip reader. then same thing so this was not it.

I then deleted the app and re loaded it and NOW it will not allow me to sign in, it keeps saying Failed.....but i must say I tried several times and as well went . nor can i sign in w the app from lap top. BUT I can sign in to square from the browser. 

Do u think w so many attemts I am locked out for 24 hours ?  T U

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JJ505050 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm to assist you in resolving the issue and ensuring that your Square app works smoothly for you.

It's not uncommon for technical glitches to occur. From what you've described, it seems that the issue may be related to your app on the iPhone. 

I recommend reaching out to our dedicated customer support team. They can provide you with specific guidance based on your account and help you troubleshoot the issue further.

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

Your experience is important to us, and we're committed to resolving this matter and ensuring that you can access your Square account without any interruptions.

Thank you for choosing Square, and please feel free to reach out if you have any more questions or need further assistance.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks, I hadn't attempted to log in for several months, I think because I got that message before and gave up.  I will try again tonight and then contact Square.  Thanks for your response.

Message 5 of 5