x

price change changes service to uncategorized

I am noticing that recently when I run reports for weekly sales (salon environment).  If we need to adjust the price (upcharge or discount)  the category of the service is changed to uncategorized.  This is a real problem when running weekly and monthly reports based on category and services rendered.   It did not do this initially.   

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Hey @carefreesalons.  I just went into my test service library in my online dashboard and changed the price of a service I had assigned to a category.  The category stayed the same.  Can you tell me how you where you are changing your prices — which app or tool?

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

@carefreesalons Also I tried changing prices in the Appointments POS app (iPad version) and the category stayed the same there.  I’m just trying to find a starting point to help you.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 3 of 5

The issue continues to present itself.   We are using square stand for checkout and occasionally need to change (edit) a price on a service.     Once I pull up our weekly reports any service item that has been changed shows up as uncategorized.  This has never happened before and continues to be an issue when running sales reports. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

Ok.  Can you give me the steps you use to change the price of a service?  Or even do a screen video recording and post it here?  I have tried every way of editing a service that I can think of and it is not changing the category for me.  

Also, if you’d rather, you can call Customer Service and walk them through what is happening.  

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 5