x

Cash Drawer will not open automatically.

I have Star Micronics TSP143IIILAN printer and a star micronics cd3 cash drawer. The cash drawer will not open automatically. In settings for cash drawer it says no USB found. The printer will print a test receipt but will not print a cash transaction. Any assisstance would be apprieciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @Gelato, sorry to hear about the trouble with getting set up.

To be sure I'm on the same page, can you confirm that you're using either the Star Micronics CD3 1313 or 1616? If your CD3 cash drawer isn't one of those model numbers, it may explain why it's not opening automatically. In addition, I would suggest giving these printer troubleshooting tips a run-through, if you haven't already.

Hope this helps — if you're still encountering any trouble, please either reply here with a bit more information or touch base with our Support Team.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

It's a cd3 16x16. Tried the trouble shooting link and now it will not find the printer.

Message 3 of 7

I was able to find the printer by changing .to my main wifi SSID

Message 4 of 7

Tried the trouble shooting link again and still no cash drawer.

Message 5 of 7

Under settings printer why does my printer display/show star tsp143 off. Click there and it will do a print test but will not print a cash transaction. Shouldn't it show 'on' or something.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Sorry to hear those suggestions didn't resolve the cash drawer issue, @Gelato. Any chance you're familiar with this or have any other insight that might help, @sciabica1936?

It may be helpful to get in touch with a team member on the phone so that you can troubleshoot in real-time.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 7