x

Client's bank statement says they were charged twice?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Client Charged Twice]

My client just contacted me that her bank statement is showing two transactions.  I'm only showing it's been charged once.  It's been over 24 hours and it hasn't fallen off.  I can't seem to contact anyone at Sqaure.  Is there a customer service number or anyone I can speak with about this? It's a $1,000 charge, twice so it's large and my client isn't happy. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @JoannaAndres-

It may look like the charge has posted to their account, but it will fall off after a few business days. I know you said it's only been 24 hours, but it's a weekend, which is likely why it hasn't fallen off yet.

Square sends a void notification to the bank as soon as a payment becomes voided; it’s then up to the bank to release any hold on the cardholder’s funds. You can confirm voided payments from your online Square Dashboard if your client would like confirmation. 

If the transaction does not show up in your Transactions in the Square app, but appears on your customer’s card statement, this is a sign that your customer is seeing a pending transaction and not an actual charge. I hope this helps! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 2