x

Contact list chip reader won't update are seriously to lose all this weekend on weddingContact list

After pairing my contact list reader it's it says updating reader do not close the app but it doesn't update  Remains at 0%

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @EagleEye - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Sorry to hear that you've run into some difficulty with your Contactless and Chip Card reader, i'm more than happy do some troubleshooting with you so that you're up and running right away. Otherwise you may need to return your reader under warranty

Here are some steps that worked for other sellers with your same problem on another thread:

• Remove any case or cover from your device. Some cases prevent the reader from plugging in completely.
  • Update to the latest version of the Square app.
  • Make sure you’re using a supported device.
  • Unplug the reader and plug it back in while the Square app is open.
  • Delete and reinstall the Square app. See Apple or Google support for instructions.
  • Plug the reader into a power source, leave it for 1-5 minutes, and then plug it back into the device.

As a workaround, feel free to use the magstripe reader that was included in the packaging of your Contactless Reader as a backup. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2