x

Contactless & chip reader won't pair to Acer Chromebook

The title of this thread has been edited from "contactless and chip reader won't pair"

i have it installed on an acer r13 chromebook. when i first installed everything i was able to pair it with no problems. after about 5 minutes it disconnected and i haven't been able to connect it again since. it is fully charged and the bluetooth is on and does see it, it just keeps failing to pair. please help, just started my business and really need this working.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @SomethingWicked 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! So sorry to hear about your trouble with your Contactless & Chip Card reader - I think we can help provide some clarity.

According to our Device Compatibility Page, it looks like your Acer Chromebook is incompatible with the Contactless & Chip Card reader. As a rule, this reader will not pair with laptops or desktop computers - being that it is designed to run on mobile devices such as phones and tablets.

Feel free to use the Compatibility resource as a guide to which readers may work best with a particular device! Also, feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2