x

Customer shipping address for invoices should be mandatory

I have the request shipping address field checked off but noticed today that if the recipient does not enter a shipping address the order still goes through. I verified this m sending myself two invoices and not putting in a shipping address.

According to what I read this should be mandatory. Looking for any suggestions.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @bripol thanks for reaching out about this! Unfortunately, while we cannot force customers at this time to enter in their shipping address, we do make it very obvious that a shipping address is requested with the card information:

With this in mind, the customer would have to deliberately choose to not fill it out, not simply just miss the information. I do think it could prove very useful though to force customers in filling this out as this could be a really big step for your business to have to contact the customer again and get the address.

Another workaround you can use is to save this specific customer's address to their Customer Directory customer profile. This will ensure that even if they forget to fill it out again, you will at least always have their address at hand. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!! Thanks again!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2