x
Super Seller

Device and Device Codes

Right now, I am closing out clients on my phone and my iPad. When I run a report by device, it says "Emily" regardless of the device. When I run a report by device nickname, it says "No device nickname" and "BP iPad". I have two different employees working for me as well so the reporting is beginning to get confusing.

My question is - how do I update the device names. (so I can decipher between the two)? OR how do I update my phone's device nickname to say "Emily's Phone". I am using Square Appointments so the functionality for device codes does not exist.

Thanks in advance for your help!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @Bronze_Palms 

I found this post here that may help. Can you take a look and let me know if this is what you are referring to? Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Just took a look, unfortunately, Square Appointments does not allow for device codes. @BernadetteA 

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Yes, you are correct @Bronze_Palms 

Sorry for the oversight there. Hm.. for the iPhone, you should be able to change the name by clicking Settings > General >  About > Name

Can you let me know if you are able to update, and then run your report with the updated name? 

Message 4 of 4