x

EPSON TM-m10 (Bluetooth) is not printing receipts automatically

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Receipt is not printing automatically

Hi everyone,

I have some issues printing receipts with the new square version (4.79). They are not automatically printed even if the option is selected. I have to manually print the it by clicking on the printing button. Also, when the wifi is off, impossible to print receipts at all (even if I click on the button).

The other functionnality such as cash-drawer opening or order ticket printing are working well so I guess it's a Software problem.

Anyone encountering this issue? I'm using Epson Tm-m10 printer.

Thanks for your Help

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hey @IdrisMekhtoub - Sorry that you're running into issues with your printer! Have you given the Printer Troubleshooting steps a try already? Also, is your printer connected via USB or ethernet? If it is connected through ethernet then you'll need to have the WiFi on to print since your printer is communicating with your tablet through your WiFi network. If you'd like for it to print even if you're offline, you can connect your printer through USB.

If you're still running into issues, feel free to reach back out and we can take a closer look.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 7

Hi @puka

Thank you for your answer.

I've already tried all the printer troubleshooting steps and it failed..

My printer is connected via bluetooth. Actually, I also tried using another (Star) printer and I have the same issue so I guess it is a software issue..

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Darn... the next thing I can recommend would be to troubleshoot your app real quick to see if that resets the communication between the app and your printer. If that doesn't help, feel free to reach out to our Support team directly and they can advise on any next steps.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 7

Actually I already tried all these steps.

I think the main problem is that the receipt is not printed automatically when I proceed to a transaction. The app is suggesting me to print the receipt (or to send it by email or sms) while it should only display a "All done" message and print the receipt.

So I don't know, maybe it's an issue on my settings, but I made sure that the "Print automatically" option is ON.

Message 5 of 7

Did square ever fix this issue? I'm thinking ordering this printer soon...

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hello @Wdwrkr! I can't track @IdrisMekhtoub's case further, but we haven't had other reports of this issue with the bluetooth model of this printer.

Keep in mind this printer is only compatible with iOS devices, and the latest version of the Square iOS app is now 4.88.1!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 7