x

Error message: 'Present only one card'

I keep getting an error message ‘present only one card’ but I only have one card!? I thought it was when a customer also has Apple Pay but it happened today with just one person in line and they just wanted to pay with cash but the screen kept popping up ‘present only one card’

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Toastsnroasts Hmm that shouldn't be happening. Can you try these Point of Sale app troubleshooting steps? You might need to delete and reinstall the app (which will sign you out - so make a note of your log in details) and it might take a few minutes. And as noted in the article don't delete the app if you have pending payments that you accepted in Offline Mode. 

PS Yes you can accept Samsung Pay and Google Pay (and Apple Pay) with the Square reader for Contactless and Chip cards! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @Toastsnroasts. Are you seeing this error message on your device when you try to accept a payment,- or does it appear on your customer's device when they try to pay?I believe it's an issue wih Android Pay - and you/your customer might need to update the Android software on your device. 

If you're seeing this message for every payment can reply here to let me know? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 5

I use the square stand, with only one screen. When the error message pops up it’s when I hit ‘charge’ from the home checkout screen. It happens randomly. I thought it had to do with Apple Pay (I don’t think I accept android pay...?) but it doesn’t. Today it popped up when I was trying to complete a cash payment.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

@Toastsnroasts Hmm that shouldn't be happening. Can you try these Point of Sale app troubleshooting steps? You might need to delete and reinstall the app (which will sign you out - so make a note of your log in details) and it might take a few minutes. And as noted in the article don't delete the app if you have pending payments that you accepted in Offline Mode. 

PS Yes you can accept Samsung Pay and Google Pay (and Apple Pay) with the Square reader for Contactless and Chip cards! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 5

Did anyone ever solve this?  

We use the square terminal, and this is constantly a problem.    We keep trying, and get lucky maybe 25% of the time.     The rest of the time, customers just dig out a card.   Not the end of the world, but it would be nice if this feature were reliable.

Message 5 of 5