x

apple pay ON SQUARE TERMINAL (not the square - but the TERMINAL)

I am trying to use my Square TERMINAL device to accept apple pay - it is NOT - I can swipe and insert - but NO NFC/ Apple pay - any advice

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

This post has been moved to the following thread: TROUBLESHOOTING. 

Hi @MugsyMD - so sorry to hear about the trouble getting your Terminal to accept ApplePay.

This can be tricky. With most of our devices, particularly with the mobile app, the payment screen will give you the option to physically select the payment method in which the transaction will be completed. With contactless payments however, you will only see a blue screen with the 'contacless' symbol on it, indicating that it is ready to receive any type of payment - whether contactless or other. Once you see the blue screen, the Terminal is ready to receive ApplePay or other contacless payments. More info on this here: https://squ.re/2oTj8Wr

If you are not seeing this screen after walking through checkout, or if ApplePay on the Terminal is still not functioning after these steps - you will want to give us a call: http://squ.re/2tnoRAz

I hope this is helpful! Let us know if you have any questions. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Square Terminal works fine on Swipe or Chip.   Customers using Apple Pay always trigger the same error:  "Present one card, multiple cards detected within range".   I have tested the terminal by taking it out of range of other phones, cards, etc (including my own) to be absolutely  sure only one iPhone could be detected.   Same error.   

The terminal does "wake up" the Apple Pay, so it is triggering something...

For now I tell people that Apple pay does not work, but it would be nice if it does.

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

@airKevin 

Eek, that def shouldn't be happening with Apple Pay. I'm thinking something wonky in going on with the software on your Terminal.  

Have you checked Settings > General > About Terminal to see if it's up to date?Wouldn't be a bad idea to perform a factory reset too. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I'm sorry, I didn't see the reply - but none of those reset / updates work.   Apple Pay works on the terminal maybe 25% of the time - otherwise the "Present one Card" error.    My neighbor shop with the same terminal has the same problem.  ver 4.6.0045

Most of the time customers will just dig out a card, but it is still an inconvenience.

Message 5 of 5