x

Ethernet-connected receipt printers frequently drop out

This may or may not be an issue w/ Square, but here's the gist: 

I have two Square Registers and two Star TSP143 receipt printers all connected via Ethernet to my in-house network. Each device is assigned a Static IP. When we open each day, we have no connection issues whatsoever. However, throughout the day, I have to restart my receipt printers nearly hourly, as they show up "disconnected" on Square Register, even though their lights stay green, indicating that their connection to the network is not the problem. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? Or is this a known issue with Square Register? We do about 600 transactions a day, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @kaffehaus, that definitely does sound odd that you have to restart them constantly. 

As a first step I'd recommend running through the ethernet printer troubleshooting steps listed here in our Support Center.

If these steps don't do the trick then I suggest calling your WiFi provider to see if something at your location could be affecting your ethernet connection during the day.

Finally, if your provider doesn't identify any issues and this issue persists then please call our CS team so we can investigate further! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2