x

Feature Request: Allow customers to set a specific pickup day or time when ordering online

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Why is weebly not allowing selection of pick-up day

I have set up open hours in the Weebly setup. But customer interface only shows 1 day as available for pickup.

Message 1 of 172
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Setting specific pickup dates for online store?

Thanks for asking about this, @margaman1, and welcome to Seller Community. We don't have a way right now to set pickup available for specific calendar days as opposed to setting a recurring schedule for each week. I'm moving your request to a different thread so you can be easily updated about any new feature changes for scheduled pickup/delivery.

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you have adjusted your pickup settings set properly, your customers should be able to schedule a pickup date and time after inputting their personal information, @Baking1.

When your customer is ready to checkout, they will click the shopping cart in the top right-hand corner, and then click the Checkout button. Once they click this button, they will be taken to a page where they need to enter in their personal information. After they've filled this out, and pressed the Next button, the Store Pickup section will expand. At the top of this section, your customers will have the chance to choose between two options:

In order for your customers to be able to schedule a pickup, they'll want to select the Schedule for later option. Once they do, as long as you have set your available pick up hours, they will see something like this:

If you're not quite where you need to be after taking a look at this, please share your online store link with us here so that we can take a look at the checkout flow - I hope this helps!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 172

Best Answer

Hi, droidbaker. I'm in sort of the same boat but maybe our workaround will get you through. 

We just launched something called 'Weekend Things" on our site which can be ordered for Saturday, Sunday or Monday (this Monday because it's a holiday) ONLY. 

There is no way to do this within the Square/ Weebly universe right now; I know this because I've posted about this many times already. The best it can do is set a "time from order" -30 minutes to 2 weeks I think- but not a specific date which would require a calendar function which it currently doesn't have. 

Our workaround was to create a forced modifier set that makes the customer choose their preferred day in order to place the order. Check out the Strawberry shortcake here:

https://order.openfacefoodshop.com/weekend-things

Unfortunately, the order confirmation will tell them it's ready whenever the setting for that items says it it's ready (30 minutes- 2 weeks) but we put obvious disclaimers on the page telling people that it's incorrect and that it will be ready when they choose.

It works most of the time but new customers still get confused and call us about the discrepancy (frustrating) but we use it as an opportunity to be nice to them and hopefully let them see the humans trying to make a new and limited system work. 

Until there is a dedicated calendar function built into the system, that's the best we've been able to come up with. Hope that gets you through until the feature is there. 

Mark

Open Face Food Shop

View Best Answer >

Message 47 of 172
171 REPLIES 171
Beta Member

I'm having the same issue - It's a little confusing for the customer that they need to click "Checkout" to be able to change their pickup date. Checkout to me, means 

In my opinion, It would be a lot more intuitive if the "Pickup - Saturday after 10:00 AM" was a clickable link where they could adjust the date prior to checking out. Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 8.31.47 PM.png

Message 22 of 172

I would like this feature too. Or at least a way to disable the current pickup options. I run an art gallery. Most items are “cash and carry” and can be picked up immediately. However, we have a monthly guest artist whose pieces stay on view for the month. This is the customary practice for galleries, placing red dot stickers on sold items. These items can be picked up any time after the closing date of the show during regular hours.

i currently add a paragraph about this procedure to the checkout process, and include it in the confirmation email. However, it’s confusing to CUSTOMERS when they see conflicting information. 

Can I at least disable to pickup/prep time option? Or maybe add an option for “other’” or “contact us” to the pull down?

Message 23 of 172

this does not seem to work for me, now in april 2022

I am wondering if weebly changed something.

As I try out the online site, I see I can reschedule the day, but the hours that we have available come up as the only option.

Message 24 of 172
Beta Member

Using the online store for our restaurant and would love to have the default pickup option to be “Schedule for later” instead of “As soon as possible.”  If I could get rid of the “As soon as possible” option altogether that would be great. 

Quite a few of our customers miss the “Schedule for later” option and end up trying to call us or send emails telling us they want to pick up later.  We often don’t get the message on time or at all. This results in wasted food because the customer shows up to pick up at 7, even though their order specifies pickup at 4 on our end.

Also, when customers actually do want the “As soon as possible” option, their email will say “Your order will be ready for pickup today after 4:00 PM” What the heck is up with that?  Customers are very confused with this wording.  Why does it say “after 00:00”?  It should say   “Your order will be ready for pickup today AT 4:00 PM”.

Thanks!
Message 25 of 172
Super Seller Alumni

All great points!

I'd love to see the option of which one to be default.

I like having ASAP as default, but I can definitely see others prefer to Schedule as default.

And I definitely agree that the "After" could be a different better word. 

Either "At" or "By"

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 26 of 172

Hi,

Request to add choose pickup time on the main page after customers added items to basket.  Currently this feature is available after customer checkout.  I have many customers contacted me regarding this feature.  Thank you.

Message 27 of 172
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TLSJ,

I moved your post to an existing thread for this.

Customers can actually select their pickup time from the Checkout page.

Check out @Valentina 's best answer for details. 

Ashley C
Message 28 of 172
Beta Member

Why does it need to default to anything?!! JUST HAVE THEM SELECT WHEN THEY WANT IT BASED ON OUR AVAILABILITY!! This has been an issue with square for restaurants and bakeries for months. Please fix it!

My clients are ordering cakes on our site, so they never want it asap, they have a specific date (birthday) that they want it. 

SQUARE/WEEBLY - it seems that there is a super simple fix to everyone's problems: A calendar with where the available dates  and times are options to select from. And, if you want to really make us happy, allow us to blackout dates for orders (Thanksgiving, Christmas, vacations, etc) . Can we please get this function??!!

Message 29 of 172

Exactly!!  We have weekly Friday Dinner Packs that can be ordered any time but only picked up Fridays between 4&6pm.  

Customer Service told me I could create a new category and specify a pickup time just for that category, but it messed up availability for items in other categories. 

Please fix this so we can control multiple pickup times for multiple items!  

Message 30 of 172

You’re talking to the choir here.

4 years running and I have yet to get through a holiday season without a screaming match to no one (but within earshot of anyone) how much I hate this fact. 

too cheap to hire a proper website person and having another POS processor is just another hand my pocket ☹️

Message 31 of 172

totally agree. Customers never 'click through' and see they can schedule a specific pick up date and time. 

Mark Deskus
Message 32 of 172
Beta Member

Our clients get so confused! When they add it to their cart, the ASAP date shows up and they do not take the time to click through and see the checkout screen where they can change the date.

Message 33 of 172

Well I’m sad to hear that you are all having the same problems we have had for months, hopefully we are starting to reach critical mass and can get these functions implemented.

I’m tired of telling people that “don’t listen to the robot, the robot lies” when they ask what the deal is with pick up times and dates.

Hotel reservation systems have an elegant and robust availability built into their sites and software. I Calendar comes up and you select available dates from ones that are not blacked out. Calendar functions are not impossible to implement and I hope we can get some thingSimple but effective in time to help us stay afloat

Message 34 of 172

Sorry to hear that everyone is having the dame problem we've had for so long but at some point we will hit critical mass. I'm getting tired of telling our customers that "the robot lies" when they get confused about pickup. With that said, we have pickup times posted everywhere but they still have questions because the ordering system is misleading them. 

Every hotel booking site has a calendar with available and blacked out dates... it can be done. 

Square? Maybe you can at least let us know why it can't be done so we can make other plans with add on's or a different platform. 

Message 35 of 172

Many of our customers miss the "schedule for later" bubble at checkout causing them to order food for the wrong day leading to missed pickups or time-consuming follow-up communications.  It seems that maybe customers using auto-fill from their browser never see the "schedule for later" option. Any help from the Community would be appreciated!

Message 36 of 172
Admin

Hi @Dhbaker- You definitely bring up a good point. A few other sellers mention the same confusion happening for customers on this thread. I went ahead and moved your point there because there's not a solution right now to make the schedule for later button more prominent. However- if we make any changes down the road, we'll share updates here!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 37 of 172

We're running a bakery. We are only doing curbside pickups using an online store right now. Some items can be picked up everyday so we run the site for that. But we have bread that is only on certain days like Friday but customers can place their order a few days ahead so we can plan to make a certain amount. Is there a dropdown option to create this? For instance I'm placing my order for Monday or Friday? Or is that too advanced for this setup and we need another web site?

Message 38 of 172
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Brianmeunier,

I moved your post to another thread where @OFFSMark asked the same question and @AshleyK answered it above.

It looks like at the time this is a feature request. I'll pass it forward that you're another seller asking for it and hopefully it will be something to come in future improvements! We've been making new improvements pretty often based on customer feedback so I hope this is something we can offer soon.

Ashley C
Message 39 of 172

Ok this is a very important request. Most Square users are needing to use other platforms that allow for this. We would also like the selected day of ordering and on demand ordering to be on the opening online page. Unfortunately having it at checkout will confuse customers and many will miss it.

Message 40 of 172

I am going to try to explain this the best way possible.  I tried to call in & speak to someone but they were not understanding what I was meaning. I know there has to be other businesses like mine in this same situation.

So obviously operating on a preorder curbside only basis.  I am a bakery & since this mess I  have switched to 2 different days for pick up with all orders must be preordered prepaid.  So orders must be placed by NOON Thursday to pick up in the window of 4-6 Friday or 9-12 on Saturday & choosing what time to pick up.  I need to this to write up my production schedule as its not like a pizza place for instance that I can just make to order.  Given my business is a fraction of normal sales I have changed over the weeks based on sales & to work in the most efficient means possible. I need a way to remove the ASAP option.  I want the ability to only "schedule for later".  Because there are items that I only do on Saturday and then when they dont pay attention it defaults to ASAP which is Friday 4pm or also if they do for example choose Sat 10am but then go back and add something it will not keep their chosen time and defaults back to Fri 4pm.  I then have to contact them and its really hard to balance everything.  If I choose the option to do a lead prep time then it wont allow them to pick the 1st avail time of 4pm on Friday.  So if I could just eliminate this ASAP option I think problem solved.  Now I also tried the option of no prep time and then they had to put the time they want to pick up.  That lead to an even bigger mess of problems.  Please let me know if this is something that can be addressed or any other way around the issue that I am not thinking of,

Thanks

Message 41 of 172
Admin

Hey @droidbaker-

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can share this feedback with our Product team, because right now, there's not a way to remove the "ASAP" option. 

Sorry it's been such a messy process for you and your customers. Hopefully we can have a solution down the road.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 42 of 172