x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Order spacing for scheduled pickup orders

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Order Spacing Not Functioning Properly

For our business, we have implemented order spacing (2 orders, every 15 mins) and have enabled order ahead option. Every item has a default prep time of 2 hours.

Yet, we are seeing an influx for orders for the first hour (ex. 6 orders in advance for Sunday), even with order spacing. This backlog of initial orders for the first hour of the day backfires on the order spacing option, and I am wondering if there is a glitch or something we have enabled/not enabled, so I can make an adjustment to the way we receive orders?

Hoping someone can advise, thank you!

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You perfectly understand how this feature currently works, @surukisuper. I reached out to our eCommerce team to gain a bit more insight into the new order spacing feature. They confirmed that order staggering was designed for ASAP orders.

Because the Schedule for later feature doesn't work like a reservation system, it isn't possible to limit the amount of orders in specific time slots for scheduled ahead orders - at this time. Unfortunately, the best workaround I can suggest in the meantime would be to turn off the Scheduled pickup option. 

I've seen our eCommerce team implement so many new feature in the last couple of months, and I absolutely understand that the ability to limit Schedule for later orders would be a game-changer. We went ahead and submitted a feature request to the team, and I'll be sure to drop back by when I have news to share!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

This sounds familiar at first glance, @surukisuper.

Someone else asked a similar question here in this thread, where @Isabelle__ pointed to the Allow scheduled pickup toggle option in the Pickup & Delivery section of your Settings. For more details about what your customers see when they are allowed to schedule a pickup, head to this thread.

I think this should hit the nail on the head, but definitely let us know if it doesn't!

Valentina
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Hi Valentina,

Both threads did not resolve my original question.

From my understanding of what you are saying, is that if I allow a "Schedule for Later" option, customers can schedule as far in advance as possible, but because it is a "future" time frame, the order spacing function does not exist for this (my order spacing limit is 2 orders/15 mins).

Ex. Most recent Sunday (Father's Day), we had 18 customers place advance orders for 11:30 am pickup on Sunday. 

Am I correct in my understanding? Order spacing only works for "ASAP" orders, NOT "Schedule for later" orders?

Will there be a workaround for this? Obviously, we love the Scheudule for Later feature, but we can't accommodate the influx of advance orders, and would like a limit cap for advanced orders as well.

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Best Answer

You perfectly understand how this feature currently works, @surukisuper. I reached out to our eCommerce team to gain a bit more insight into the new order spacing feature. They confirmed that order staggering was designed for ASAP orders.

Because the Schedule for later feature doesn't work like a reservation system, it isn't possible to limit the amount of orders in specific time slots for scheduled ahead orders - at this time. Unfortunately, the best workaround I can suggest in the meantime would be to turn off the Scheduled pickup option. 

I've seen our eCommerce team implement so many new feature in the last couple of months, and I absolutely understand that the ability to limit Schedule for later orders would be a game-changer. We went ahead and submitted a feature request to the team, and I'll be sure to drop back by when I have news to share!

Valentina
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

Thank you for your response; we look forward to seeing if the changes will be implemented!

Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

Just chiming in here because we would love to see this feature implemented as well and I would love to be included in any correspondence if an update is made! 

Message 6 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@KingstonBread thanks for chiming in! We really love all the feedback that is coming in and we will be sure to post updates in the Seller Community once changes are made. 

AshleyK
Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

We'll automatically space out pickup and delivery orders so you don't get overwhelmed  This meaning if I put limit 5 order every 15 min order number 6 will tell the customer will be ready after 30min. Or order number 6 will not let customer to order ..  I’m little confuse

Message 8 of 11

Any chance that there's been movement on this request? This would be an absolute godsend for us. 

Message 9 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@YukonPizza We'll update the thread if it ever does become available!

Ashley C
Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

Just checking to see if this is still in the works?

Message 11 of 11