x

Galaxy Tab 7.0 A SM-T280 needs to be restarted before pairing with Square Contactless Reader

I have a Galaxy Tab 7 8GB device that used to work just fine with the Square Contactless Reader. Recently (about 1 month ago), the pairing fails every time.

To get it to work, I have to restart the tablet. I have verified that the Square Reader pairs with my iPhone 6s 100% every time. No issues with the reader, I am guessing?

Since I have 2 such readers and 2 such Galaxy Tab 7 devices, I have tried all 4 combinations. The result is the same, i.e. it does not pair. It does not proceed to the "Connecting" phase. The yellow lights on the reader blink but no indication of pairing progress on the tablet itself. 

Only once the tablet has been power cycled, it starts working again. It pairs successfully after the power cycle. 

I have checked that I have the latest version of the Square app on the Galaxy Tab 7.

Anyone have any other ideas? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @amitramani! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the contactless and chip card reader and your Galaxy Tab 7.0. 

Keep in mind you must disconnect the reader from one device before you can pair it with another phone or tablet. To disconnect your reader:

1. Open the Square Point of Sale app.
  2. Tap the three horizontal lines > Settings > Card Readers.
  3. Select your reader from the list, and tap “Forget this Reader”.

If you've already disconnected the reader from your iPhone and you still can't pair it with your Galaxy Tab I also recommend going through these troubleshooting steps for the contactless reader.

If the reader still isn't pairing with your Galaxy Tab 7.0 after troubleshooting let me know here or contact our Support team so we can investigate this further! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2