x

Getting the current stock quantity from my excel spreadsheet to square

Ok guys Im about to throw everything pertaining to  square in the trash! Im new to my company and I am trying to reinventory all of our merchendise, I finally got my spreadsheet all corrected BUT the quanity will not even show up...NOT EVEN AS ZERO! I called today and was told that I would need to go through every item and turn on stock and then tracking and then reimport so of course I did it, wasted half of my day, but I did it then imported after everything was turned on for tracking and they all turned off and still nothing! I am signing in with Chrome and using a excel spreadsheet PLEASE HELP!! Ive worked over the phone for many years with computer and software programmers and we have always come up with a solution, this is crazy to get a new person every single time you call and have to explain the problem again and again and again with no solution from any of them!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

When uploading to your CSV file to your items to adjust inventory make sure the new quantity is in the "New Quantity" Column.  If it is in the Current Quantity Column it will not do anything.

I have multiple locations but here is a sample of what your CSV File should look like. FYI, Aurora is one of my locations.

Item Name

Description

Category

SKU

Variation Name

Price

Enabled Aurora

Current Quantity Aurora

New Quantity Aurora

Stock Alert Enabled Aurora

Stock Alert Count Aurora

Price Aurora