x
Beta Member

Gift Card Reporting Not Accurate

When trying to ascertain how much we sold in Gift Cards, there is a discrepancy in the reporting module.  This is a problem when we are trying to report our sales tax since cards are NOT taxed at the sale, only at the redemption.  

The thing that particularly caught my eye was the .50 since most gift cards are purchased in even dollar amounts.  

I have called support, was on the phone for an hour, no one could figure out and I have not heard back from Square. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Thanks in advance!

Please see below: 

From Reports > Sales Summary > December 2021 

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 11.02.00 AM.png

From Reports > Gift Cards

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 11.02.20 AM.png

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

My first thought is that someone sold a $75 gift card with 10% off applied to it (or a different combination of card(s)).  They could have unknowingly applied 10% off to a purchase not knowing it would take % off the gift card too. that would be $7.50 difference between what was paid for and what was activated.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

My first thought is that someone sold a $75 gift card with 10% off applied to it (or a different combination of card(s)).  They could have unknowingly applied 10% off to a purchase not knowing it would take % off the gift card too. that would be $7.50 difference between what was paid for and what was activated.

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

That's it!  Thank you so much, Bob!!! 

Message 3 of 3