x

How can I print reports from Dashboard?

I can't get the transaction report to print the whole report. It will print the last 11 of 175 even though it is set to all day and print all.

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Sounds like you're printing directly from the web page which will limit the amount of transactions on the printout. Instead, Export your transaction history onto a spreadsheet. It'll download to your computer. 

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can lend a hand with. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Super Seller

@fiveotax ;

Right click in the Summary Report in your chrome browser then choose Print.   This will print that summary report as other have mentioned.  I just tried this and printed it as a PDF.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 22 of 46

Is there a way to get the same information as the export transaction report with just a printout and not using the csv download. I am using Samsung Dex and it does not download the reports correct. I just want to print out a report with the same info as the download. It seems odd this is not an option. I looked everywhere. 

Message 23 of 46
Square Community Moderator

Hi again @wtpa

I posted an answer to this in the other thread that you posted in:

How to set up a monthly transaction detail report so that I can see what the sale was for

I moved your thread here, as this existing thread touches on printing reports from your Dashboard. 

Check out the Best Answer, and the answer in the thread linked above, and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Message 24 of 46

I use the "snipping tool" on my computer. I snip the part i want to print.. you have to do it multiple times since you have to keep scrolling to see your transactions. I was hoping to find a better way.

Message 25 of 46

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How can I print a full transactions report?

My accountant wants a complete report for every transaction of the this past year for her IRS stuff for taxes. I can't figure out how to print one, or email it, or share it in any way. All I can do is export it so that I can view it in its excel form, which is not useful at all because then the dates of the transactions are not showing which is the whole point of having this report for if an audit occurs. Somebody please help me.

Message 26 of 46
Admin

@sophsara I'm sorry that there isn't a print option from your online Square Dashboard. When you export the Transactions CSV file you should see the date in the very first column on the left (under Column A). If you have a lot of transcations I'd recommend emailing the CSV file to your accountant — they'll be able to hide any columns they don't need to view the information they need.

If you're having viewing all of the information in the Transacitons CSV go ahead and call our Customer Success team who can help you out. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 27 of 46

Until today, I was able to right click the deposit report and print. Now, it only shows half the report. Has there been a change that we are not aware of?

Message 28 of 46

Please bring back the ability to print the pdf report of what is seen on screen.  

Message 29 of 46

Hello @jtakano & @darlenetnt.

Currently we are tracking this issue and providing updates on Can't print out entire deposit

Message 30 of 46

Same issue. It prints the header, Card Payments in this Deposit  and then doesn't print them. Very frustrating.

Message 31 of 46
Admin

@Sailsman Unfortuately, the Deposits Report isn't optimized to be printed. You could take a screenshot of your report and print that, or click Export in the top right to export the report to a CSV file, and print the report using Excel.

In the meantime, I'll share youir feedback with the Dashboard team - thanks for flagging this.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 32 of 46

My former creditcard processor provided a printout of credit cards processed at the end of the night so that I could verify credit card charges. How can I do this on my SquareUp POS?

Message 33 of 46
Alumni

Hey @woodysbar -

You can print out a Sales Summary report from your POS at the end of your biz day but it won't provide a breakdown of each card transaction.

For that, visit the Transactions tab in-app or head over to your Dashboard and use the All Payment Methods button up top to filter by card and export a Transactions Report.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 34 of 46
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to print a deposit report

I am trying to print the deposit report that is on the screen. All it does it let me print the first page. I want what is exactly on the screen. Exporting this to excel does me no good.

Please help. This is very irrating.

Message 35 of 46
Admin

I'm sorry for the furstration @davevalente. Did you try exporting the report first? From the Deposit Report section of your Dashboard click Export in the upper right to download a CSV file to your computer. Then print that file (you'd open the CSV with spreadsheet software like Excel).

I'll share your feedback about printing from Dashboard with the product team, definitely see how a print button would be useful. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 36 of 46
Beta Member

Yes, I tried exporting to Excel. This format does not work for me. It does not give me the summary in the format I want. The screen that comes up when you click the deposit is everything I need. How much we charged for the deposit, the fees taken out. Also who collected each payment and what type of card was used and the amount. This is something that should be easy to do on your end. Just add a print button so I can print the format out. Or add a download to pdf and I can print it off as a pdf file.

Message 37 of 46

Trying to help a friend...I’m also trying to understand how to print the monthly reports- when I export/print the content gets... ‘scrambled’ and not in any direct order- if I choose not to export and print from dashboard it prints ...but incomplete - in the case of the monthly report option it only print from days 1-16- while the screen shows graphs and entire month per day...confused- what am I missing! 

Message 38 of 46
Admin

@Irene1 I'm sorry that the Dashboard isn't optimized to be printed. If exporting a report to Excel is causing more trouble than it's worth you could try taking a screenshot of the information you need and then printing that. Your friend can also call our CS team who can help troubleshoot any Dashboard formatting issues!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 39 of 46

I found that I can download the CSV report, delete the columns which I don't want, and print it out.  I include information in the comment field of ever transaction which helps in this printout.  Cleaning up the columns after download is not elegant but works.  I can't believe Square with all its sophistication, hasn't fixed this feature yet.  

Message 40 of 46

Im trying to print all transactions for an individual month but it only give a chart rather than a list of individual transactions. Can anyone advise please?

Message 41 of 46
Alumni

Hi @Toodamglam - have you tried exporting a Transactions CSV? It'll download as a spreadsheet to your computer and break down each transaction. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 42 of 46