x

How do I get my store working again?

I transferred my domain name from GoDaddy to Square and received confirmation that is completed but now when I try to access my online store I am receiving a 404 Page Not Found message. How do I fix this so that my customers and potential clients can see my online store and products again?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

HI, need a bit more information to hopefully help.  Are you on a free plan or paid plan?  Did you do a full transfer from GoDaddy or did you adjust the DNS settings?

If on a free plan, you can point a domain to the square.site URL but to fully mask the URL you need to be on a paid plan.

A full transfer from GoDaddy to Square will take 7 to 14 business days.  If you adjust the DNS settings, then allow a few hours for the domain to work again.

You can review the Square Support Page for domains here

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6916-connect-your-domain-with-square-online-store

FYI, domains do not need to be fully transferred from domain providers.  They can remain where you purchase one, adjust the DNS settings and you are good.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 8

I purchased the Domain Transfer Bundle. I received emails from GoDaddy and Square Online that my domain has been successfully transferred. I even changed the DNS to the recommended IP address

Message 3 of 8

HI, has it been 7 to 14 business days?  Are you able to see the domain under Online Dashboard, Website, General Settings?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 8

It has not been 7-14 days but I can see the domain under the Online Dashboard, Wesbite, General Settings. I has been almost 24 hours

Message 5 of 8

HI, it takes anywhere from 7 to 10 business days for a full transfer of a domain.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 8

Ok so I can expect my site to be down until then. 

Message 7 of 8

HI, keep checking on it.  Hopefully not.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 8 of 8